Get a Facebook Fan Page
Setting up a Facebook Fan page has several advantages to your business:
1. Pages are public. Most of Facebook is behind a login, preventing search engines from indexing. However, some Fan pages are not behind a login and thus search engines can index the page. Hopefully, people will stumble on the result in SERPs, visit the Facebook page, and then get to your site via the link (and vice-versa).
2. Pages include links. Because the pages are public, you can get some nice facebook.com link credit.
3. Send "updates to fans". One of the greatest features is that you can send "updates" to fans whenever you want. It's a nice way of building a database of interested users. Send messages about new products, updated website, etc.
4. You control the page. Making the page before a Fan or a competitor is critical. You want to be able to send the messages, edit or remove sections, and control the information to an extent.
5. News feed. When a someone joins a Fan page, it's published in their News feed for all their to read (unless they have turned this off). It makes someone joining your Fan page somewhat viral.
6. It's free, easy and best if you do it as your own sign up. However, we can integrate it within your web site. Making a Fan page takes just a few minutes - add some information, URL, and upload the logo and you're done. You can make your page here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php (Choose business/product).